Explore what types to data the bootstrap has trouble with.
How to identify these problems in the wild and how to deal with the problematic data.
Explore simulated data and share the code to conduct the simulations yourself. However, this isn’t just a theoretical problem.
Explore real Firefox data and discuss how Firefox’s data science team handles this data when analyzing experiment
Spot potential issues in your data and avoid false confidence in your results.
Principal Data Scientist | Mozilla
Module 1: Introduction to Bootstrapping
- Cover terminology. What is a pseudosample?
- Introduce the advantages and disadvantages of Bootstrapping
Module 2: Simulating Bootstrap performance
- Simulate how the bootstrap compares to the CLT over a few distributions
- Uniform, Binomial, Pereto
Module 3: Conclusions
- Summarize the learnings
- Compare some alternate definitions for Bootstrapping
This course is for current or aspiring Data Scientists, Software Developers, and AI Product Managers
No specific background needed, but some basics of bootstrapping would help