The role of a Data Scientist is one of the hottest in the industry. This talk brings together industry and academia in the fields of computer science, statistics and various other fields together. The aim of this talk is to share and present the latest developments in the fields of data science, statistical learning and machine learning across various domains such as financial, insurance, healthcare, e-commerce and manufacturing.
Presenting with real-world case studies, you’ll:
- Learn what data scientists do and the types of problems they solve.
- Walk through the typical data science workflow and see how the pros identify powerful business predictions.
- Explore key tools and processes data scientists use to analyze, visualize, and model data.
- Apply what you’ve learned to a data set to produce your own recommendations.
- Case studies for data science projects across several industries
- Understand the data science process
- What is machine learning anyway?
- Language wars: Python, R, Scala…
- Skills needed to become a Data Scientist
- Where to go next
Akshay Seth, Senior Data Scientist at Fundnel Limited
Akshay is a Senior Data Scientist (Manager, Data Science) with more than 5 years of experience in data science and fintech. He has worked with a variety of Machine Learning models and tools including CNN, RNN, LSTM neural networks, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning algorithms, Statistics and Probability, AWS, Visualization using Tableau, Power Bi and Python, and he is passionate about leveraging machine learning for business development. Akshay, who graduated from National University of Singapore majoring in Knowledge Engineering (Data Science), is also a guest speaker for University Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Universiti Teknologi Brunei and Brunei government body DARe (Darussalam Enterprise).