Artificial intelligence, while not a silver bullet, could contribute to tackling some of the world’s most challenging social problems.
Narrowing down the term “AI for social good” we can include the set of methods, mechanisms, and tools that address a) Contextual problems that are critical for the region of interest b) These problems differ from solutions in other regions c) The proposed ML solution effectively addresses these differences by some measurable outcome d) and the proposed solutions substantially use ML.
In terms of application areas, one way to frame the impact of “AI for social good” could be through the lens of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These are a set of 17 objectives that must be addressed in order to bring the world onto a more equitable, prosperous, and sustainable path.
Use AI to address the SDGs like Poverty, Hunger, Good Health, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Clean Water & Sanitation, Affordable & Clean Energy, Economic Growth, Industry & Innovation, Sustainable Cities, Climate, Peace etc.
1. Participants will be able to understand the ultimate problems to be solved for a better world/society
2. Being Data Scientists, how the skills are being funneled to solve some of the world's greatest issues
3. Also, can address the areas data scientists should focus along with Models / Algorithms
1. Create different perspective among participants the way they see the world & possible opportunities to adopt AI
2. Few use-cases, which we implemented. Can be further explored for better utility
3. Awareness among participants about end-to-end AI life-cycle
Use discount code - Meetup2020 - to get extra 10% off on your pass for Virtual Conference Europe and Virtual Conference West.
Shyla Kumar Thadikamala, Head of Data Sciences at L&T Smart World & Communication
About 20 years of experience on various technologies across various domains. Started as Mainframe programmer during late Y2K regime in Datamatics, Mumbai and moved up in the organizational ladder into Management, Domain, Technology and Leadership roles with IBM, HSBC, Standard Chartered, Wells Fargo, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and now working with Larsen & Toubro as Head of Data Sciences and architecture. Holding B.E in ECE, MBA (Finance), Advanced Analytics from ISB and now pursuing PhD in Artificial Intelligence & Finance discipline.
LIVE TRAINING: July 29th: Deep Learning (with TensorFlow 2 and PyTorch)
LIVE TRAINING: August 5th: NLP Fundamentals
LIVE TRAINING PACKAGE: Date TBD: Programming with Data: Python and Pandas
LIVE AND ON-DEMAND TRAINING PACKAGE: September 1st, 8th and 15th; Data Storytelling for Business
LIVE TRAINING: September 30th: SQL Bootcamp for Data Science